NOTICE: This year's Chinese Bridge competition registration has been greatly affected by the Covid pandemic. The organisation committee has decided to postpone the competition to Saturday 5th June, and registration deadline to 29th May. The competition will not go ahead if registration is less than 8. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Mr Xianwu Zhang by firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Guidelines of 2021 "Chinese Bridge"- Chinese Proficiency Competition for Irish College Students
Introduction of the 2021 "Chinese Bridge"
The 2021 "Chinese Bridge" Competition will be held on 05 June 2021 in Dublin, Ireland. It will be hosted by the Chinese Embassy in Ireland and organised by UCD Confucius Institute, UCC Confucius Institute and NUI Galway Confucius Institute. This competition aims to provide an opportunity for young college students in Ireland to showcase their talents and skills in learning Mandarin and offer a platform for them to learn from each other. It is also designed to enhance their interest in learning Mandarin and deepen their understanding of traditional Chinese culture. All of you are warmly welcomed to join!
Theme of the 2021 "Chinese Bridge"
One world One Family
Focus of the 2021 "Chinese Bridge"
• Chinese language proficiency: listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
• Chinese cultural skills: Chinese songs, dances, instruments, drama, martial arts, calligraphy, painting, etc.
Process of the 2021 "Chinese Bridge"
Candidate should join the Zoom meeting at 9.00 AM on 05 June 2021 and participate in the competition by order of their SURNAMES. Those who miss his/her order will be considered as withdrawal. All candidates should:
• Free speech in Mandarin (4 minutes)
The participants will give a self-introduction and then a keynote speech, which must relate to China.
• Chinese talent show (5 minutes)
The participant should perform a talent show that relates to China for no more than five minutes. There is no limitation on the forms of performance.
Prizes of the 2021 "Chinese Bridge
• Number of First Prizes: 1
• Number of Second Prizes: 2
• Number of Third Prizes: 3
• Number of Most Promising Awards：2
Please note that only the winner of the First Prize is eligible to attend the international level final competition (online) and has an opportunity to win the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
Before your registration, you should know and clarify yourself to meet the following requirements.
• Age: 18-30 years old.
• Nationality: non-Chinese.
• Language: non-native Chinese speakers (both participants and their parents).
• Education: College students. Additionally, please note that,
• The award winners of the previous "Chinese Bridge" cannot register and attend it again.
• Non-Irish College students can register if they agree to represent Irish participants to attend the final competition in China.
Time and Venue
The competition is scheduled from 9.00 AM to 1:00 PM, 05 June 2021. This is an online event. Candidates will receive the Zoom link via their registration emails before 03 June 2021 and should join Zoom meeting at 9.00 AM, 05 June 2021.
How to Register online
Participants should fill in the online registration form and upload their identification documents. There is no registration fee.
• Obtain and fill in the registration from email@example.com and then send it back.
• Alternatively, scan the QR code using WeChat to enter the online registration page and finish the submission. You can download and use WeChat on your phone or computer.
• The deadline for registration is 29 May 2021 at 5:00 PM Irish time.
Q&A If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Mr Xianwu Zhang by firstname.lastname@example.org.