Enrolment Information 2021-2022
Dublin Confucius Class for Children
In 2016, UCD Confucius Institute and Aihua Chinese School joined hands to launch a flagship Chinese learning programme specially tailored for young learners named Dublin Confucius Class for Children. The programme has grown into a large, professional centre for Chinese language and culture learning in Ireland with more than 400 students per year. It provides a wide range of fun-packed language activities to awaken their natural curiosity and develop their innate ability to learn.
Why Mandarin Chinese
• China, the 2nd largest economy in the world, is soon to become the largest.
• China has been Ireland's largest trading partner in Asia since 2006, and is now the second-ranked destination for Irish agri-food exports, after the EU market.
• Being the most widely spoken language in the world, Chinese is one of the most challenging and therefore rewarding languages to learn.
• Chinese language’s unique pictographic characters will engage different networks in the brain, helping cognitive development and creativity.
• Learning Chinese enables bridging of social barriers, and enjoys greater career opportunities
Our Teachers & Philosophy
• Highly qualified Chinese teachers, most with more than 5 years of experience
• We believe in the importance of children’s emotional environment for learning, and aim to create a loving and stimulating space where they feel secure, happy and valued.
• Enriching activities include stories, songs, rhymes, games, arts and crafts, and dance movements
Children are grouped according to their ages and language levels
Enrolmentis ongoing until 20 Aug 2021 and all children over five years of age are welcome.
Registration 2021-2022 is closed
Location: UCD Belfield Campus or teaching online.
Fees: €300 per year per child; or €150 for first term, €200 for second term.
Class Hours: 2pm – 4pm on Saturdays First term: 11 Sep 2021 - 18 Dec 2021 (excluding public holidays), 13 weeks Second term: 8 Jan 2022 - 28 May 2022(excluding public holidays), 17 weeks
Phone (01) 716 3000
UCD Confucius Institute Extra-curricular courses for Children
In order to enrich children’s knowledge of Chinese language and achieve an all-round Chinese learning experience, UCD Confucius Institute is now offering Chinese group singing, calligraphy and art courses for children.
Calligraphy Classes: learning the brush stroke system, how to wield a brush, basic techniques etc. designed to pass on Chinese traditional and quintessential art training, and allowing children to gradually master this special skill prevalent in Chinese culture.
Drawing Classes: using oil sticks，watercolours, coloured pencils and other drawing materials to show children’s observations and awareness of the world around them and to develop student imaginations and creativity. From the starting point of Chinese-style sketching, learning specialised drawing skills.
Location：UCD (Belfield campus, Dublin 4)
Following the announcement made by the HSE and DES regarding the phased Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business, we hope to reopen our classes in September 2021. We have adopted a “plan the worst, hope for the best” approach in that; if we cannot reopen our oncampus classes, we will continue to teach online depending on the Government restrictions. We will notify you of further details in September.
▪ Beginner / Intermediate Art Class （Age 5-6 / 7-8 ）; Calligraphy Class: €300 per year per child; or €150 for first term, €200 for second term.
▪ Advanced Art Class（Age 9-10 ）; Professional Drawing Class: €600 per year per child; or €300 for first term, €400 for second term.
Material Fees: €20 for Chinese calligraphy class
Registration 2021-2022 is closed
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 01 716 300
Let our children enjoy learning Chinese and progress in a relaxed environment!