About UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland
The mission of the UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland is to work with the Irish government, businesses and academia to develop stronger educational, cultural and commercial links between Ireland and China.
The Institute is a joint venture between UCD and Renmin University of China. The Institute was established in 2006 and was officially opened by Mr Zeng Peiyan, then Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China. The Institute offices are located within the UCD Belfield campus.
What We Do
In accordance with our mission, the Institute is involved in many activities, including:
- Promoting an awareness of Chinese Language & Culture in Ireland
- Offering innovative Chinese language courses available for all
- Organising cultural and educational events at UCD to further public understanding of China
- Developing and promoting teaching and research in Chinese Studies
- Offering professional services to both public and private sectors to deepen economic relationships between China and Ireland
- Hosting an HSK (Chinese Language and Proficiency Examination) Centre