Registration Guidelines of 2023 "Chinese Bridge"- Chinese Proficiency Competition for Irish College
Introduction of the 2023 "Chinese Bridge"
The 2023 "Chinese Bridge" - Chinese Proficiency Competition for Irish College Students will be held on 15th April, 2023 in UCD Confucius Institute, Ireland. It will be hosted by the Chinese Embassy in Ireland (Education Section)and organised by UCD Confucius Institute and Irish Institute for Chinese Studies at UCD. This competition aims to provide an opportunity for young college students in Ireland to showcase their talents and skills in learning Mandarin and offer a platform for them to learn from each other. It is also designed to enhance their interest in learning Mandarin and deepen their understanding of traditional Chinese culture.
All of the Irish college students are warmly welcomed to join!
Theme of the 2023 "Chinese Bridge"
One world One Family
UCD Confucius Institute
The competition is scheduled from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday, 15th April, 2023.
Before your registration, you should know and clarify yourself to meet the following requirements.
• Age: 18-30 years old.
• Nationality: non-Chinese.
• Language: non-native Chinese speakers (both participants and their parents).
• Education: College students.
Additionally, please note that,
• The first prize winner of the previous "Chinese Bridge", who attended the competition in China cannot register and attend it again.
• Non-Irish College students can register if they agree to represent Irish participants to attend the competition in China.
How to Register Online
There is no registration fee. Fill in the online registration form using the following link.
Registration Form of 2023 “Chinese Bridge”: https://forms.gle/ivrSPuHMVJB7xQHH8
Or you can scan the QR and fill in the form
The deadline for registration is Wednesday，5th April，2023.
Focus of the 2023"Chinese Bridge"
• Chinese language proficiency: listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
• Chinese talent show: Chinese songs, dances, instruments, drama, martial arts, calligraphy, painting, etc.
Process of the 2023 "Chinese Bridge"
• There are two stages of competition: Preliminary Competition and Final Competition
• Preliminary Competition
1. 90 seconds Self-introduction and Prepared Speech in Chinese (Any topics related to China, not coincide with the final speech.(50%)
2. Chinese Talent Show, within 2 mins (50%)
• Eight participants will be selected to enter the Final Competition in the afternoon of the same day.
• Final Competition
1. Speech Contest with the given topic: One World One Family, within 2 mins, followed by Q&A section. (60%)
2. Chinese Talent Show, within 5 mins, points would be deducted if time is exceeded. (40%)
Prizes of the 2023 "Chinese Bridge"
• Number of First Prizes: 1
• Number of Second Prizes: 2
• Number of Third Prizes: 3
• Number of Most Promising Awards：2
Please note that only the winner of the First Prize is eligible to attend the international level final competition and has the opportunity to win the Confucius Institute Scholarship.
Contact: Mengwen Hu, UCD Confucius Institute