In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and official advice of the Irish Government and Health Service Executive, the 2020 "Chinese Bridge" competition in Ireland that was initially scheduled in April 2020 had to be postponed. We are conscious that many of you would like to participate the competition at this time. We are endeavoring to ensure that a virtual platform for the competition can be provided over the coming months.
Now we are pleased to announce that the 2020 “Chinese Bridge” Competition will be resumed and held online. The competition is organized by the Education Section of the Chinese Embassy in Ireland, the UCD Confucius Institute and the Irish Institute for Chinese Studies at UCD. All of you are warmly welcomed to join!
1. Entry Requirements
Before your registration, you should know and acknowledge to meet the following requirements.
• Age: 18-30 years old.
• Nationality: non-Chinese.
• Language: non-native Chinese speakers (both participants and their
• Education: College students.
Additionally, please note that,
• Award winners of the previous "Chinese Bridge" are not eligible to register
and attend it again.
• Contestants will represent Ireland for the final competition.
(1) The competition will be held online.
(2) The competition will center on the following items:
• Chinese language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
• Chinese cultural skills: such as Chinese songs, dances, musical instruments,
drama, martial arts, calligraphy, painting etc.
Number of First Prizes: 1
Number of Second Prizes: 2
Number of Third Prizes: 3
Please note that only the winner of the First Prize is eligible to attend the international level final competition (online) from September to December.
4. Competition Time
The date for the online competition is to be confirmed but should be some time before August 29. Participants will be informed of the exact date after registration.
5. Registration Time
The deadline for registration is August 7th.
6. Registration Method
(1) You can contact your Chinese teacher and request his/her assistance.
(2) Self-registration: fill in the REGISTRATION FORM and send back to the email
7. Contact Information:
• Contact person: Mr. Xianwu Zhang
UCD Confucius Institute
July 21, 2020