2016 Chinese Bridge Competition for Irish College Students
Saturday 16thApril 2016
The 2016 Chinese Bridge Competition for Irish third level students will be held on 16thApril 2016. The competition offers a platform for learning Chinese for students from all over the world, a platform to demonstrate their Chinese skills and share their learning experience with others. The competition aims to encourage the efforts in learning and understanding Chinese language and culture. The competition is organised by the Education Section of the Embassy of The People’s Republic of China in Ireland and hosted by the UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland and the Irish Institute for Chinese Studies.
Dreams Enlighten the Future
Radisson Blu Royal HotelDublin, Golden Lane, Dublin 8
10.00-16.30, 16thApril 2016
Requirements of the contestant:
18 to 30 years of age; non-Chinese nationals; non-native Chinese speakers; third level students; not an award recipient in last year’s Chinese Bridge competition. (Note: Contestants usually represent their native countries, unless an agreement is made to state that he/she may represent other counties.)
The Competition Focus is on:
1) Chinese language proficiency
2) Knowledge of China
3) Chinese cultural skills
4) Learning ability
1. The competition has 3 parts:
1) Speech Contest in Chinese
2) Chinese Arts Performance Contest
3) Contest on the knowledge of China, Chinese language and culture
2. The competition has 2 rounds:
1) In the first round, all participants will give a one-minute speech in Chinese, a one-minute Chinese-themed talent show, the aforementioned two parts will gain 50% and 50% respectively in grading. Afterwards all participants will participate in a short contest on their knowledge of China，the Q & A results will be used as a reference of the total score. Eight participants will be selected to enter the second round of the competition in the afternoon of the same day.
2) In the second round (final), each participant is expected to give a speech in Chinese and perform a Chinese-themed talent show. Both parts are graded equally. The speech should be approximately3 minutes long, the talent show should last from 3 to 5 minutes.
All participants will be awarded with certificates or awards according to their performances.
l No. of 1st Prizes: 1
l No. of 2nd Prizes: 2
l No. of3rd Prizes: 3
l No. of Special Commendation Prizes: 2
l No. of Talent & Knowledge Prizes: Several
Close of applications: 8thApril 2016, Friday
Date of competition: 16thApril 2016, Saturday
Chairman: Prof. Liming Wang
Secretaries: Prof. Yongqiang Cai, Dr.Yupeng Liu
UCD Confucius Institute
Phone：087 721 8819